Pages

Saturday 16 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey : What I Missed Out:In Activity 1 : Day 2 : All In A Day's Work




So... Turns out I had completely missed nearly ALL of activity 1 because I went online and missed out most of activity 1 . So here I am . Back at square 1. Now I know what you're probably thinking.
Image result for bruh


Day 2 , Activity 1

In the 1800s, most Māori lived in
villages called pa. Each village had
many buildings – kauta where people
cooked, pataka where they stored
goods and wharepuni where the Māori
slept. A traditional wharepuni had a
thatched roof and walls made of timber,
fern, rushes and bark. Look at the
picture of a traditional wharepuni. Does

it look like your house?

I think the two similarities between my house are 
1 - They both have windows to let fresh air in . But in my house , you have more control over letting the wind in since you control the window today so ...

2 - Both have roofs . What is a house without a roof ? not a house . This is a common factor all houses have over their head in order to shield themselves from the overflowing rain , the wind , and the heat from the sun. We don't want it too cold , hot , or windy . Just a little bit of both.
Image result for maori pa


1 comment:

  1. Hi LJ,
    My name is Patricia Santos and I'm one of the people who will be blogging with you for the Summer Learning Journey.
    I am glad that you realised that this activity didn't went through and most importantly that you have the resilience to do it all over again, thanks!
    I like how you clearly explain how the Maori villages were back in the 1800s, this is so important because it gives context to your public, so they can comprehend what is that you are writing about. Good job!!
    I found a bit hard to understand the first picture and how it related to the rest. Perhaps you could make the first part as a separate post and follow by the activity post as this could add more clarity and fluidity to your writing.
    Keep up with your great work!
    Kia Kaha,

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete