Pages

Sunday 17 December 2017

Summer Learning Journey : Week​ ​Three:​ ​Day​ ​1:​ ​White​ ​Picket​ ​Fences​ ​(The​ ​1950s)


Image result for Three veg and meat

In the 1950's , things started to settle down in New Zealand . No more international wars , or national conflicts . Everyone could settle down , get married  , buy a house and have their own children .

It was common for women in the 1950's to stay home and care for their children and raise their family . They were called ' housewives ' . The housewives followed a simple rule when they were preparing dinner : The Meat and Three Veg Rule. This meant that they prepared dinners that included three vegetables and the meat of their choice whether it be chicken , lamb or beef . Or any meat . 

My Opinion : I think that the three veg and meat rule wouldn't have been such a bad Idea back then . I'd sort of enjoy eating a 1950's meal . I'll be fine if It has meat . So I'd be glad with the 1950's food regardless of the vegetables . But I'd choose the vegetables . 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora LJ,
    I agree with you as for me the 'Meat and Three Veg" rule is a very sensible one because it promotes a healthy and balance diet.
    I can see that in your opinion you mentioned that you would enjoy it, even including the vegetables and that made me smile, yay! Way to go LJ!
    Keep up with your learning journey and don't forget to proofreading your posts before publishing it.
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete