Pages

Monday 10 July 2017

WLJ - My New Zealand Flag

For this Winter Learning Journey Task , I had to come up with my own version of the New Zealand flag . As you can see , I have many stars covering some parts of the flag along with the New Zealand fern , A union jack , and a kiwi . 

The Stars
I came up with this Idea because It had something to do with Matariki . The Maori new year . I put seven stars there to represent Matariki because It was something special to New Zealand and the Maori culture which I think is pretty important to the Maori people as It signifies the new year .

The Fern
For this Idea , I decided to think of something to do with New Zealand's nature and then I came up with a fern to represent the nature here . As I also thought that the kiwi has something to do with nature in New Zealand.

The Kiwi 
As you may know , the kiwi was always a known representation of New Zealand or of the nature in this land . I felt like including this in the flag because I think It would have been a great addition to the flag . It is put on many things to represent New Zealand . The Native creature's home.

The Union Jack
Me myself , I felt like I needed to put the Union Jack in there because I think it is something important so it was put on the actual flags . This isn't the only country to have a union jack . Many others have it . Like Britain , Cook island and many more . So it represented many countries . And I think it meant different things to their cultures . 


Thanks for reading !! Bye!




1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora LJ!

    This is a beautifully designed flag! It looks like you have an eye for design! Your colour choice is fabulous - simple but effective! I love that you have put a lot of thought into your design, describing all the different parts. I agree with you that the Kiwi should be a part of our national flag because that is how we are known in New Zealand and across the world.

    Well done on all of your blogging in the programme so far. I can tell you have put lots of effort into your activities! Keep up the great work LJ!

    Nicky :)

    ReplyDelete